Elevator cables the source when a 142-year university building in Istanbul burned to the ground.

Elevator cables that overheated caused a fire that burned down a 142-year-old Galatasaray University building, Istanbul, Turkey, in 2013. In the beginning the fire was so small the fire fighters were about to leave. But the fire had spread with the cables and 10 minutes later the whole ceiling was on fire.

Read the full news story at The Hürriyet Daily News

And don’t miss the follow up story: Galatasaray University fire ‘began at lift’